Jarod James

Jarod James

Monday, May 23, 2011

YOU CAN......


Dear Little J-rod,

Every day I drive by the same baseball fields. The ones my brother and I played at when we were growing up. From T-ball to fast pitch to little league baseball; we were always there. So many memories have been created and I hope that many more will be created by you and your sisters.


So a little “history” on how you got your name, Jarod…. When I was pregnant we had the hardest time deciding on a name. I can’t even think of a name that Daddy suggested but finally we decided on Jarod. Then it was how we will spell it: Jared, Jerod, Jarod, ect. I wanted to spell it Jarod because I could envision you running around the bases and saying run J-rod run! I know it’s silly but when you live and breathe sports as a child it never leaves you and those crazy little things come to mind.


A few days ago I was driving by the fields and my eyes filled with tears seeing all the little boys playing baseball. I was thinking about how you will never play there…  I will never get to say run J-rod run.. Wait?!?! Did I just say that? I even went as far as saying to daddy that I was sad that you might not ever play on those fields. I just gave you a preset limitation or a stereotype. Something I said I would never do. You haven’t even had the chance to say you don’t want to play sports or that you can’t play. Which by the way the word “can’t” isn’t even allowed in our house! 


So tonight I dressed you in your little baseball jammies and told you that you CAN do whatever you put your mind to. When I was growing up there wasn’t anything I couldn’t do that I put effort towards. G-dad and Oma raised me with the mindset that I could do it. I was one of the most determined kids I knew, I still am actually. There isn’t much that scares me besides being home alone!  


So Baby J, I am writing this for you tonight. I want you to know as you grow up that you CAN do whatever you dream of doing….. Your Dad and I will cheer you on the entire way. No preset limitations of anything, I want you to reach for the sky. If you want to swim then swim, play basketball, hockey, baseball, tennis, golf, or whatever it may be, I know that you CAN do it. You will have enormous amounts of support and fans. There isn’t a person in your life that loves you that won’t stand beside you every step of the way. So from this day forward I make you a promise that I will never say you can’t do something because I for one am your biggest fan!

Love Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    my name is Jenna and I came across your site. Jarod, is a sweet, amazing, precious and special little guy. He is an earthly angel, and he will grow up to be a fighter, and a determined one. I believe on day you will be able to say Run J rod Run! OR GO J Rod Go! I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and developmental delays. I can do anything I want to do! Even if it takes me longer, or I have to find a different way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way my site is: http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com and I love it when people sign my guestbook.

    ReplyDelete